3646 Saint Lawrence Avenue, Reading, PA 19606
To obtain a position as an Art Educator. Interested in extra-curricular activities
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, (Kutztown,PA)
Post Baccalaureate Certification : Art Education December 2009
- 4.0 GPA
Beaver College (Arcadia University) (Glenside, PA)
(B.F.A.) Concentration : Ceramics May 1993
- Semester study abroad at Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow, Scotland
Temple University, Tyler School of Art (Philadelphia, PA)
Fine Arts Concentration 1989 – 1991
Long Term Substitute (West Lawn, PA)
St. Ignatius Loyola Elementary January 2010 – Present
Full time art educator at a k-8 elementary school. Teach lessons dealing with but not limited to the elements and principles of art and design
drawing, painting, weaving, tessellations, mask making, calligraphy, collage, art criticism, aesthetics and art history.
Teacher Candidate, Clinical Experience (Exeter, PA)
Exeter Junior High School Fall 2009
Taught lessons in architecture, clay, 3 point perspective, weaving and printmaking to 8th grade students.
Teacher Candidate, Clinical Experience (West Lawn, PA)
St. Ignatius Loyola Elementary Fall 2009
Taught lessons in poster design, color theory, painting, collage, frottage and weaving to grades
kindergarten – 8. Also taught lessons about the Kuna culture in Panama and the expressionist painter, Edvard Munch
Professional Semester Student (Exeter, PA)
Exeter Junior High School Spring 2009
Taught lessons in painting, bookmaking, the elements of art and watercolor.
Children’s Librarian (Birdsboro, PA)
Boone Area Library 2001-2007
- Planned and presented children’s story times and craft programs.
- Developed and supervised the library’s Junior Friends group.
- Planned and coordinated annual summer reading program.
- Managed the purchasing of materials for programming.
- Maintained and decorated the children’s room of the library
- Assisted patrons with library and computer needs
Owner/Operator (St. Peters, PA)
Rock Run Studio 1994-1998
- Operated a private ceramics studio.
- Designed, created and sold original handmade pottery and sculptural pieces.
Studio Technician, Ceramics Instructor (Chester Springs, PA)
Chester Springs Studio, 1994-1996
- Oversaw the general operations of a fully equipped educational ceramic studio.
- Taught beginning throwing courses.
- Fired student work in electric and wood fired kilns.
- Made and maintained glazes
- Ordered all materials.
- Have worked with children in a professional setting for over 6 years
- Developed, implemented and oversaw the Junior Friends teen volunteer program at the Boone Area Library.
- I am a highly organized, dependable person willing to stretch my abilities and challenge myself to achieve my highest potentials as an educator.
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw, Corel Photo Paint and Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Vice President of the Shade Tree Commission of Birdsboro from 2004-2007
- Secretary of the Recreation Committee of Birdsboro from 2004-2007
- Member of the Women’s Club of St. Lawrence 2008-2009
References Furnished Upon Request